Isaiah 40-55 — You Are My Weapon
YOU are My weapon.
YOU are My living word.
Arise and speak.
Shape your world
by the Word of God within you.
As I sat with my bible and my coffee this morning I was struck with a “connected” string of verses as I was turning the pages of Isaiah. As my heart was heavy on a personal matter, I began to write them out one after the other. When I was finished I read them aloud. “Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.” [Romans 10:17]
I’d like to share these verses from my NLT bible with you… perhaps they will help you with your walk today as well:
- The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever. (Is 40:8)
- Haven’t you heard? Don’t you understand? Are you deaf to the words of God–the words he gave before the world began? Are you so ignorant? (Is 40:21)
- But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. (Is 40:31)
- Who has done such might deeds, summoning each new generation from the beginning of time? It is I, the Lord, the First and the Last. I alone am he.” (Is 41:4)
- Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hole you up with my victorious right hand.
- Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. (Is 43:1b-2)
- But you are my witnesses, O Israel!” says the Lord. “You are my servant. You have been chosen to know me, believe in me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God–there never has been and there never will be. (Is 43:10)
- But forget all that–it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. (Is 43:18,19)
- For I will pour out water to quench your thirst and to irrigate your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendants and my blessing on your children. They will thrive like watered grass, like willows on a riverbank. (Is 44:3)
- And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness–secret riches. I will do this so you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, the one who calls you by name. (Is 45:3)
- I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. (Is 45:18b)
- I have sworn by my own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word: Every knee will bend to me, and every tongue confess allegiance to me. (Is 45:23)
- Only I can tell you the future before it happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish. (Is 46:10)
- Now I will tell you new things, secrets you have not yet heard. They are brand new, not things from the past. (Is 48:6b,7)
- The Lord called me before my birth; from within the womb he called me by name. He made my words of judgment as sharp as a sword. He has hidden me in the shadow of his hand. I am like a sharp arrow in his quiver. (Is 49:1b,2)
- …Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? But even if it were possible, I would not forget you! See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands. (Is 49:15)
- The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know how to comfort the weary. Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding of his will. (Is 50:4)
- My name is the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. And I have put my words in your mouth and hidden you safely in my hand… (Is 51:15b)
- Wake up, wake up, O Zion! Clothe yourself with strength… (Is 52:1)
- But I will reveal my name to my people, and they will come to know its power. then at least they will recognize that I am the one who speaks to them. How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news, the good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns. The watchmen shout and sing with joy, for before their very eyes they see the Lord returning to Jerusalem. (Is 52:6-8) (See also, Ps 68)
- Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David. (Is 55:3)
- “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.” (Is 55:8)
- It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all that I want it to and it will prosper everywhere I send it. You will live in joy and peace… (Is 55:11,12)