Thursday, August 6, 2020
A voice said, “Shout!” I asked, “What should I shout?” “Shout that people are like the grass. Their beauty fades as quickly as the flowers in a field.”
Personal Note: After reading this and dwelling on Isaiah 40, I had a strong urge to read what the Lord had to say to Job. (Go figure) In Job 38:3 He declares, “Brace yourself like a man, because I have some questions for you, and you must answer them.” Brace is the word “azar” and it means gird (gird up your loins), encompass, equip. Both prophets, Elijah and Jeremiah were commanded to gird up their loins. Other places the word appears describe how God is girded with strength and how He girds us with His strength.
- Lord, You have called us to re-present you to our world. We believe You are speaking to us today. Give us wisdom and revelation to hear and obey Your voice.
- Incline our ears to hear Your voice in the wilderness. Help us to hear Your still, small voice as well as recognize Your thunderings.
- Give us that unction to be Your voice to the people. Encourage us. In-Courage us to be able to shout from the mountain tops and deepest valleys, in the marketplace, in our homes, on our phones, and through our emails.
- We believe You speak to Your servants and handmaidens in the night as well as throughout our days. Make Your voice and Your words clear to our hearts. Help us to “turn aside” to “hear/see/sense/feel” these words like You did to Moses.
- Your word says, “all may prophesy”. Release the spirit of prophecy to Your church. Awaken our hearts and spirits, embolden our words, give pertinence and power to those things we speak in Your name.
- This life span is so short in light of eternity. Time is short in THIS lifetime. Help us to have an eternal perspective.
- Our days seem to be melting one into the other during this pandemic. Make each day count.
- Put people on our hearts who have backslidden or are sinking under the challenges of our day. Give us words of encouragement to lift them up and out of the grasp of the enemy.
- Outward beauty is fleeting, but inward beauty is Kingdom beauty and it is everlasting. We will carry what You have smiled on in our inner lives into eternity. Grow in us! Shine us up inside. Wash us clean. We put on the garments of praise and rejoice in YOU and Your wonderful works.
- Impart to us Your message and help us to SHOUT so that many might be saved from the pit of hell.