Friday, August 28, 2020
“Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding.”
Personal note: I can just see the shake of His head and the hear the sadness in His voice as the Lord once again asks if anything He’s done for us has registered in our hearts. The earth, the oceans, the mountains, the stars, and best of all, each and every one of His beautiful children were created in His wisdom and through and for His glory. He is beyond measuring, and yet His greatest desire is an intimate relationship with each one of us. Of all He’s created, His most marvelous treasure is found in us and our capability to love Him back.
- We marvel at Your brilliance, Lord. You’ve known each and every one of us since the foundation of the world. Before You flung the universe and named the stars, You saw our faces and You knew our names. How magnificent You are!
- Open our ears to hear Your voice. Open our eyes to see You in our world and in each other. Open our minds to calculate, compute, reason and understand, but most especially open our hearts to receive Your love and give it back to You.
- Our lives have limited days, but Yours are forever. Help us extract the most from You each day. Give us wisdom to number our days. (Ps 90:12) Thank You, Jesus, that You never age or change. You are the same yesterday, today, and forever. (Heb 13:8)
- We are weak and weary at times, Lord. Stresses of life, responsibilities, unforeseen events weaken our resolve and drain our resilience. You are never weak or weary. Call us to rest in You. Revive us when we find You. Remind us, yet once again, of Your love.
- Today, we ask for Your intervention with souls dear to us who still refuse to acknowledge You and Your lordship in their lives. We know You’ve spoken to them time and time again, but Lord, we appeal to You once more. Save their souls. Draw them to Truth and Salvation.
- During these days of disruption, division, disunity, and destruction, we ask for Your intervention in our cities and nation. Awaken the sleeping church to appeal to heaven in prayer. Raise up godly men and women into positions of authority in local, state, and national government positions. Protect our nation from the evil one and his influence. Reestablish Yourself in this nation: One Nation Under God!