Tuesday, August 18, 2020
“To whom can you compare God? What image can you find to resemble him?”
Personal note: The answer is obviously 1) there is no comparison, and 2) no image on earth resembles Him. But I also felt a challenge in this question. My first thought was Genesis 1 where He created the universe, the earth and all living things, but I zeroed in on Genesis 1:26-28. Just as God is Creator and ruler over the universe, He created us in His image to rule over the animals and the earth itself. I then thought, “What in me resembles Him?” Have I been fruitful and multiplied in my life? Have I acted with the authority He’s given me? One of the companion verses was Ephesians 4:24 where we are exhorted to put on the new nature and be renewed in our minds for we are created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Food for thought.
- Almighty God, I acknowledge how awesome in power and might You are. You are beautiful, merciful, and so so good. Receive my thanks and praise that there is no one higher than You!
- Thank You for the skills You give to us to create. May our creations reflect You, honor You, and cause others to recognize Your image in us.
- I repent of any area in my motivation, in my time, or the use of my talents towards things or activities that are wasteful and could bring dishonor to You or Your name. Cause Your Spirit to convict me when I step out of line.
- Like the Psalmist says, give me an undivided heart so that no thing, no person, no situation, no personal property takes precedence over You. (Ps 86:11)
- Holy Spirit, increase in our lives. Show us how to use what You’ve already given us in gifts and talents, but multiply them to bring You greater glory.
- Jesus! Thank You that You made the way for us. We can boldly approach the throne of heaven and present these requests before the Lord. Help us to see from Your perspective and give voice on our earth to Your intercession before Father’s throne.
- From our position in Your Kingdom we say EVERYTHING (our lives, our families, our cities, states and nation) are under Your feet and Your rule! (Eph 1:22)