Monday, August 17, 2020
“The nations of the world are worth nothing to him. In his eyes they count for less than nothing–mere emptiness and froth.”
Personal note: I had to remind myself that this chapter follows Hezekiah’s revelation of “his” royal treasuries to Babylon’s envoy after the Lord healed him and gave him 15 more years. Woe to any ruler or nation with such pride. This life and all we own will wither and fade, BUT, the treasure we retain is held deep in our hearts and spirits and will one day be laid at His feet. Today we see the nations in an uproar, our large cities are filthy and vile, and the spirit of control is rampant in this pandemic. AND YET! We believe the Kingdom of God and its rule and righteousness is alive and well AND increasing day by day.
- Only You! Only YOU rule with righteousness and truth. Let the nations tremble before You. You are robed in majesty. Humble us, our government, and nation and from that place of repentance, hear our prayers. (Psalm 99:1, Psalm 93:1)
- The day is approaching when You will again demonstrate Your power on this earth. All will see Your glory in signs and wonders. Many will turn back to You. Hasten the day, Lord! Release Your Spirit once again. Baptize us again, refresh us, renew us, strength us to stand and speak. (Micah 7:16, Acts 10:45)
- Release Your revelation to us, show us mysteries in Your Word, give us dreams and visions, and with that the boldness to make decrees in Your name and activate heaven’s armies on our behalf. (Job 22:28, Eph 6:19)
- We reject any twisting or turning of our foundational laws here in the United States. Tear down those that are against heaven and establish those that model Your wisdom. Give us Justices who proclaim Your justice.
- We ask for blessing and favor on our nation–not for our sake–but for the sake of Your Gospel. You have called us to be a light to the world. Fight back the darkness that has creeped in and is now overtaking us. Ignite a holy fire in Your Bride. Make us jealous for You to the point that we fight with fervency and take back what’s Yours. Give us no rest until it’s done. (Matt 5:14, Is 62:6)
- Anoint Your 5-fold ministries to call Your army to battle. Awaken them, anoint them with revelation and understanding, cause their shout to be heard throughout the nations. Give them a platform to mature the saints, awaken the sleeping ones, and bring a salvation message to those who live in the dark. (Eph 4:11)