Saturday, August 15, 2010
“No, for all the nations of the world are but a drop in the bucket. They are nothing more than dust on the scales. He picks up the whole earth as though it were a grain of sand.”
Personal note: I read that verse twice and read it again. Remember being a kid, laying on the ground and looking up at the stars on a clear night–especially the nights you could actually see the Milky Way? Have you ever seen the images from the Hubble Telescope or visited the NASA website? Awesomely amazing. Seeing these wonders, who could ever deny that there is a God and He is without equal? Not a hundred or even million brilliant minds could create His glorious design of the universe we live in.
- All praise and glory and honor to the One Who flung the stars and tells the sun when to rise and set! (Jer 31:35)
- Great is the Almighty Who gathers people into nations, each with its own spark of divine nature. We lift up Your people, Israel, and Your city, Jerusalem today. Thank You for a favorable agreement with UAE. May Your peace rest upon them. (Luke 13:34, Psalm 122:6) May Your Son, Jesus, be revealed to them. Their Messiah HAS come! Use this as a new door of hope for all those of the Muslim faith.
- May Your love for all peoples, for their nations, and for the world-at-large be experienced in new and fresh ways. Help them to experience Your love as You are not willing that any should perish. (2 Peter 3:9)
- Father God, Judge of all the living and the dead, You sit upon Your throne of wisdom. All Your judgments are righteous and true. Reveal to us our part to bring heaven’s rule to our earth. Encourage us and ignite our spirits with fire. Help us to stand tall and strong in Your name. Give us a voice like Yours as Your representatives.
- We lift up every governmental structure and say, you will bow to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The kingdoms of our world will become the Kingdom of our Lord. (Rev 11:15) It will be better for you if you bow today instead of on that day.
- With our prayers and by the power of the Precious Blood of Jesus, we enter the battle to establish Your rule upon the earth. Grant us humility to recognize Your authority, an audience as we seek Your face, and time to cleanse ourselves and repent of any unrighteousness so that the cry of our heart for our nation will be heard. (2 Chr 7:14)