Tuesday, August 25, 2020
“To whom will you compare me? Who is my equal?” asks the Holy One.
Personal note: The key in this verse to me is actually the name of God: Holy One. It’s the Hebrew word, qadosh, meaning sacred, holy. Of the 118 times it’s used in the OT, 50 times it’s translated “holy” and 44 times it’s translated “holy one” where God Himself or others describe Him. I immediately thought of Isaiah 6 where Isaiah had a vision of God on His throne with the seraphim above the throne crying out, “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord of Hosts; all the earth is full of His glory.” Wow. These angels had 6 wings, but note, 2 covered their faces and 2 covered their feet. Can you imagine if we saw the Lord in all His holy glory? I shake my head to think of it as I’m sure I would be flat on my face! And really, isn’t that the point?
- Who are we that You should look upon us and care for us, and yet, You do, Lord. Our hearts are so grateful. We magnify Your Holy name with our own declaration of holy, holy, holy.
- Forgive us, Lord. Forgive our nation. Forgive our leaders, both religious and secular for failing to recognize You as Lord of Lords and King of Kings. We stand in the gap and ask You to heal our land.
- Awaken our eyes. Help us to see why it is so dark today in our cities, in our schools and in our homes. Grant us discernment so that our prayers are targeted. Partner with us, Holy Spirit, as we pray in our prayer language.
- For all those who have had failed relationships, poor parenting, abuse, and ill-treatment from any source, we ask YOU to be their Source! May Your love bring comfort, guidance, healing, and provision as their Holy One.
- We continue to stand against the darkness, the evil doctrines, the false narratives of this present world. Be high and lifted up, Lord. Show us Your glory. May Your goodness and mercy be seen and honored. (Exodus 33)
- There is none like You! (Song)