Monday, August 31, 2020
“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.”
Personal note: I could hardly wait to get to this last verse! As an eaglet, it is one of my most favorite verses. This whole chapter has been building to this crescendo of promise. Isaiah 40 begins with comfort, moves to shout and prepare for the Lord, establishes His awesome wisdom and power as Eternal Creator of everything, reminds us that He will judge sin and idolatry, promises He sees everything in us and around us, and then gives us power and strength so we can fly like eagles. All we need to do is TRUST HIM!
- Oh, Lord! You are so marvelous! You know every bit of us, our personal needs, our relationships, our work — simply everything we need for wholeness and happiness. And all You ask is that we trust You. Indeed I do!
- I can’t look at the morning dew, admire the sunset, listen to the birds, see the twinkle in my granddaughter’s eye without thinking of You and what You have created for me to enjoy.
- When I’m weary, discouraged, lacking energy or even drive, You are there to speak to my soul. I can just hear Your voice, “Get up! Get up! WE get to enjoy a brand new day.” That’s the thing about you–it’s NEW. You never change and yet You always have a fresh way to speak to me. Your words strengthen my resolve.
- Just like the eagle who can look the sun straight in the eye, increase my ability to see Your Son every day in my surroundings and in Your word.
- The eagle is bold and can climb to unreal heights. I want to be brave and bold too. Just as the mother eagle picks up her falling eaglet on her back, let me soar on Yours. Show me new and exciting revelations about You and Your Kingdom.
- Teach me caution. Teach me to hunt. Teach me to be a good mate and a good mother. Teach me to find the best perches as a watchman for Your Kingdom.
- When doubt or unbelief try to slip in, wake me/shake me once again. Like Thomas, help my unbelief and help me to trust!
6 Traits of an Eagle | Traits of the Eagle and How It Pertains to Our Christian Walk