Thursday, August 13, 2020
“Who is able to advise the Spirit of the Lord? Who knows enough to give him advice or teach him?”
Personal note: Whoa! Didn’t that Scripture just grip you? I immediately thought of yesterday’s reference to Job 38. There are certain times when we just have to say, “You’re God and I’m not!” In these uncertain times when our earthly perspective isn’t enough, I need wisdom from above. I may have the information, but do I have the best answer? It’s at this point, when I lay my needs at His feet and await His response, that I truly surrender to Wisdom. This awesome privilege becomes my peace, my comfort, and yes, my faith and trust in Him and His direction. (I posted lecture notes yesterday about Heavenly Wisdom. You might enjoy them.)
- There is no one like You. You created the heavens and the earth by and through Your wisdom. Thank You for such a beautiful world to enjoy.
- From the beginning of time, Your eternal wisdom has drawn us to You. You are always calling us closer. Speak loud and clear so we don’t miss You and the opportunities You present to us in our every day lives.
- Your wisdom is supreme. We ask that You pour out Your wisdom upon our governmental leaders and representatives, on our pastors and teachers, on our educators, and on all people of influence. Whether they ask for it or not, WE ask for them!
- Take the masks off fools and false teachers. Expose the enemy’s lies and deceit. Uncover the enemy’s tactics. Help us to be aware and be pro-active.
- Destroy selfish pride and know-it-all attitudes. Shut the roaring mouths of those who advise or teach anything contrary to Heaven’s principles. Expose the doctrines of demons. Uncover their strategies.
- Remind us that we do not pray against people, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. (Eph 6) Enlighten us. Guide our prayers. Cause us to receive revelation in Your Word.
- By Your Spirit activated in us, we put on the armor of God daily. Prepare us for battle. Show us Your battle plans and give us courage to fight the good fight. Give us the words to share the Good News with others. (1 Tim 6:12)
- Thank You Holy Spirit that You are Comforter, Teacher, Spirit of Truth, Spirit of Love, Reconciler… and best of all, You draw us to Jesus. (John 16:13, Rom 8:16)
- Help us daily to yield our minds and hearts to You. Encourage us to release Your living rivers for ourselves and others. Embolden us with Your fire.